So tell us a little bit about Lauderdale House…
Lauderdale House is a Grade II* listed historic building in Highgate. We run as an arts and education centre, as well as hosting important family events like wedding ceremonies and receptions. As a wedding venue, we can boast a selection of flexible spaces, a stunning historic building and direct access into the beautiful park.
- Yes, two of our historic gallery spaces are licensed for civil wedding ceremonies. Couples can have either their ceremony or reception at Lauderdale – or both!
What makes Lauderdale House special as a wedding venue?
- Lauderdale House is in many ways an unusual and surprising space. The house dates back to the 16th Century, but was been completely refurbished in 2016. The result is a surprising mix of historic elegance and modern facilities. We’re also an arts centre, so we are home to all sorts of eclectic activities and events throughout the year. This creates a warm and inviting atmosphere throughout the building – we’re certainly not another staid and sombre stately home!
- The house is positioned right on the edge of Waterlow Park in Highgate Village. So, while based in London, Lauderdale doesn’t feel like a city venue – we’re surrounded by beautiful open spaces with green views from every window. Outdoors space is often hard to come by in London, so having the option to step out onto the Tea Lawn for a celebratory drink in the sunshine goes down really well! And of course the park makes a stunning backdrop for the all-important wedding photos.
What is a typical wedding at Lauderdale like?
- We try to be as flexible as possible so that couples can create their perfect day. A typical wedding day might start with the wedding ceremony taking place downstairs in our pretty Lower Gallery space, which can accommodate around 100 people. From here, guests can step straight outside onto the terrace for a celebratory drink and a toast to the happy couple. After this, there might be wedding photos in the park before the guests head upstairs for a sit-down meal in the Long Gallery. In the evening, the Lower Gallery could be transformed into a dance floor with a DJ or band performing while the celebrations continue.
What are the food and drink options?
- We work with an experienced and highly talented catering partner, Pink Food. Having hosted many, many weddings and parties at Lauderdale, Pink Food know exactly how the house works and can offer a wide range of catering options for your big day; including champagne receptions, buffet meals or sit-down dinners. They’re also able to accommodate all kinds of dietary requirements and provide vegetarian, kosher or halal catering on request.
Can I come and visit?
- Of course, we love to show couples around – it is a great chance for them to get a feel for the venue and an understanding of what we can offer, while we can help them to plan exactly what they want on their big day.
How do I get in touch?
- Give the team a ring on 0208 348 8716 to arrange a viewing.
- or email Stuart on email@example.com
- In the meantime, find out more about holding your wedding at Lauderdale House.