The Montague on The Gardens
So tell us a little bit about The Montague on The Gardens…
The Montague on the Gardens, an elegant Georgian townhouse in the heart of Bloomsbury, lends itself perfectly for weddings and civil partnerships – guaranteeing memories you’ll cherish for a lifetime.
The stylish interior is adorned with rich furnishings and exquisite antiques to create an atmosphere of sophisticated charm, with the added benefit of the spacious wood deck and terrace overlooking the beautiful private gardens of the Bedford Estate at the rear of the property.
Are you licensed for Ceremonies?
- Yes, we are licensed in 3 of our event spaces: The Great Russell Suite, The Woburn and The Large Conservatory.
What are your capacities?
- Ski Lodge/Beach Bar – Reception/ Occasional seating 200pax
- Great Russell Suite – Reception 150pax, Banqueting 110pax
- Woburn Suite – Reception 50pax, Banqueting 40pax
What is special and unique about you?
- Each season we offer a unique holiday getaway for our new couples without even having to leave London! The Ski Lodge invites an alluring Alpine adventure to your day during the winter months. Alternatively, our bright and bold Beach Bar offers sun, sparkle and splendour to your special day.
Do you have any special entertainment/licensing rules?
- In our outside event spaces we can only play music until 10pm, however, our fantastic Great Russell Suite is a great space for guests to move to if they want to carry on the party until late.
- We accept any external suppliers (so long as they adhere to the Montague rules), however we do not accept caterers as we supply food and beverage alongside the event space hire.
- Due to the maximum capacity of sit down guests reaching 110, this means that we are particularly tailored to more intimate weddings.
What’s your favourite wedding moment?
- One of the most memorable days for us was when one bride joined ‘Popchoir’ in serenading her new partner and guests.
- The heart warming union was simply beautiful and encouraged guests to partake in a song to close the ceremony. After all, as Shakespeare would say “If music be the food of love, play on”.
- Of course, we’d love to welcome you round! Feel free to give us a ring or email us to book a viewing of the hotel.
How do I get in touch?
- Email the Conference and Events Team at:
- Phone us on: +44 (0)20 7612 8404